Example publications from each research area
The Influence of Cognition on Movement Planning:
- The role of visual error and reward feedback in learning to aim to an optimal movement endpoint.
- Symbolic, non-directional predictive cues affect action execution
- The Role of Consistent Context in Rapid Movement Planning: Suboptimal Endpoint Adjustment to Changing Rewards
- The preference of probability over negative values in action selection
- Trajectory deviations in spatial compatibility tasks with peripheral and central stimuli.
- Refining the Time Course of Facilitation and Inhibition in Attention and Action
- The processes of facilitation and inhibition in a cue–target paradigm: Insight from movement trajectory deviations.
- The impact of athletic clothing style and body awareness on motor performance in women.
- Experience and Net Worth Affects Optimality in a Motor Decision Task
- No one knows what attention is.
- People Are Better at Maximizing Expected Gain in a Manual Aiming Task With Rapidly Changing Probabilities Than With Rapidly Changing Payoffs
- Joint Simon Effects in Extrapersonal Space.
- Optimal Weighting of Costs and Probabilities in a Risky Motor Decision-Making Task Requires Experience
- Choices in a key press decision-making task are more optimal after gaining both aiming and reward experience
- ” He chose… poorly”: Lack of optimal behaviour and choice preference when choosing between target-penalty configurations via a keypress
Cognition and Performance in Applied Environments:
- Trust in Distance Measuring Devices (DMDs) Automation in Golf
- Beyond identity: incorporating system reliability information into an automated combat identification system.
- Stakeholder perspectives on research and development priorities for mobility assistive-technology: a literature review
- Comparing Two Decision Support Modes Using the Cognitive Shadow Online Policy-Capturing System
- High-Intensity Interval Training Improves Cognitive Flexibility in Older Adults
- The impact of athletic clothing style and body awareness on motor performance in women
- “I can’t move in this”: Clothing influences movement efficiency
- Judgment analysis for real-time decision support using the cognitive shadow policy-capturing system
The Changing Brain
- Efficacy of low-cost wireless neurofeedback to modulate brain activity during motor imagery
- Combined Action Observation and Motor Imagery Neurofeedback for Modulation of Brain Activity
- The effects of cardiorespiratory fitness on executive function and prefrontal oxygenation in older adults
- Clinical Model of Exercise-Related Dyspnea in Adult Patients With Cystic Fibrosis
- Increasing Lateralized Motor Activity in Younger and Older Adults Using Real-time fMRI During Executed Movements
- Neurofeedback fMRI in the motor system elicits bi-directional changes in activity and white-matter structure in the healthy adult human brain